This is the first recipie I have ever legitimately created! I feel chuffed. All over the place I kept seeing these yummy lunch bowls that were overflowing with healthy ingredients so I thought I’d give it a go. In all truth, I didn’t really plan this recipie; I didn’t mull over taste combinations, or see what fiber/protein balance I had, I literally looked in the cuboard saw some good healthy ingredients and cooked them together. There’s defiantly more freedom on cooking, unlike the science of baking, you can throw in flavers and spices you believe would compliment and you’re off! I love this recipie, it was very good, with the nutty flavor of the brown rice and the creamy sause, the cinnamon in the sausage and the dash of paprika gave a warm spicey flavor with great texture and sweetness from the sweet potato. Hope you enjoy it!
1/2 a sweet potato cut into rounds
2cups spinach (or kale)
1/2 an onion chopped
1cup brown rice
1clove of garlic, grated
1/2 can of chickpeas
2 apple chicken sausages (optional)
Coconut oil(for rice)
Oregano and thyme
Salt&Pepper to taste
1. Put rice in 2 cups of water to boil.
2. Put olive oil, butter (or coconut oil), thyme, oregano, garlic, and paprika in a pan on medium heat. When the pan’s warm, drop in the sweet potatoes.
3. When the rice comes to a boil, add cocoanut oil and salt, lower the heat to a simmer until all the water has dissolved.
4. Add the onion and sausages, wait till the onion is translucent before adding a pinch of paprika and the chickpeas.
5. When the rise has finished cooking, turn off the heat and let stand for five minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
6. Finally add the spinach (or kale). Let cook until wilted and the potatoes are cooked through.
7. Pour mixture over rice.
Mix sour cream and salsa over the rice. Enjoy!!